From time to time, funds may not arrive in your Currencycloud account as expected. This guide is designed to help you troubleshoot and get the issue resolved as quickly as possible.
Things you can provide to help us locate the funds:
- Proof of payment (Sender/beneficiary details)
- UETR (Unique End-to-end Transaction Reference) can sometimes help us track SWIFT payments
- Full MT103 - SWIFT only
- General information - amount, currency and the date the funds were sent
The funds are in our segregated account
If funds have been sent to our segregated account, without referencing the account ID, we require proof in order to match them to the correct account, this could be provided in the format of:
- Proof of payment which shows the sender details, currencycloud account details, the amount, the currency and the date.
- Screenshot of a bank statement with the specific funding payment included.
If funds remain in an unmatched state for 5 working days, they are returned on the 6th working day.
Tracking the funds with UETR (Unique End-to-end Transaction Reference)
Sometimes, we have visibility of funds coming in via SWIFT using the UETR, but this isn't definite. Although we do try to look for these funds (once the UETR is provided), we expect the remitting bank to take the onus for tracing the funds.
Furthermore, UETR tracking only works when the funds have credited us or when the last updated status was available within the GPI chain.
It is always best to request a GPI Tracking screenshot from the remitter, as it can help identify where funds are along the payment rail.